scroll tablet v2 51624

Got a problem with your Scroll? Unsure how to do something? Ask here! (ANY Model)

Re: scroll tablet v2 51624

Postby Fonefixer » July 30th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Not without the risk of ending up in the position you were before, no. :D

Suggsy: No, but then they do monitor this forum closely - people have been caught out in the past. They probably saw my post about emailing them and decided not to reply.
Dave

Employees are like mules. Some you stand in front of and coax them along with a carrot. Some you stand behind and kick them in the arse. The key to management is knowing which mules are which!
Fonefixer
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Scroll Version: Scroll Excel

Postby klink » July 30th, 2011, 2:36 pm

about above m8? if it wasnt for you guys on these forums where would we be ? answer= no where because we get better and more informative replies here than we do from SO ?ive had better constructive replies and everyone ive talked to so far on the forums have been very helpful SO on other hand feel im talkin to Bot , so tbh with ya SO should be applaudin ppl here , it would help them also by known ppl are buyin there products my opinion
klink
Serious Scroller
Serious Scroller

Scroll Version: 51624 Hybrid

Postby Fonefixer » July 30th, 2011, 3:07 pm

Klink - The unfortunate part is that CCI Distribution (or Storage Options - same place) were asked for help back in December / January last year and simply refused to do so.
If you look back to posts in January (ish) you will see posts from various developers that were trying desperately to get information from them regarding the relevant source code which is supposed to be freely available under GPL but they refused to give out all of it. I emailed them and got the same crap response. These are the facts as I understand them so far:

The earlier Scrolls were loaded with "hacked" versions of Android. When they were first advertised they did not mention that they had unlicensed "Markets". This was soon rectified - hence the disclaimer on their website. My belief is that the Chinese manufacturer sold them a job lot of the first Scrolls and omitted this crucial fact. As is common with the majority of Chinese-orientated items on EBay - they were... how to I put this.... "hookey".

SO have only ever replaced faulty items, they have never been repaired. However, they scan forums closely for signs of someone modifying a Scroll and if they can match the person with one they have been sent they claim the warranty is invalid (Illegal in the UK - if it has a hardware fault they are obliged to repair / replace it regardless of software state). How do I know this? Im an accredited engineer for eight different mobile manufacturers and they have to obey the same rules, SO are NOT above the law!

Stu (Site owner) had the foresight to start this forum as there was a gap in the market. Quite frankly its a bloody great hole not a gap! I would have thought that SO would be more co-operative, but alas no.

It is true to say that we all have learnt a lot about the Scroll since the forum started, and I for one am eternally grateful for the help I have received on here - and by God have I needed it!

The long and short of it is with these Scrolls people need to accept that there is very little or no official support.

/end rant :lol:
Dave

Employees are like mules. Some you stand in front of and coax them along with a carrot. Some you stand behind and kick them in the arse. The key to management is knowing which mules are which!
Fonefixer
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Postby klink » July 30th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Well after my mis-information on SO website about updates to which i admit , done me no favours i googled scroll tablet and found this forum , im glad i registered as iv had lots of valuable advice from you guys to which im grateful...as long as i have a scroll, this will be my 1st stop for info/advice , btw ive decided not to send my scroll back ill be tryin diff updates , from here until i get it workin lol i now have 2 scrolls the 1 that im havin probs with ill just guinea pig it from info you guys have gave me recently maybe by chance itll kickin , instead of havin a scroll/miscroll hybrid haha
klink
Serious Scroller
Serious Scroller

Postby klink » July 30th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Hi Fonefixer ? installed that backup again you gave me.. still hangs@Boot on SO Logo , now gonna try 1.02 and 1.02s updates i recieved from you guys , see what happens
klink
Serious Scroller
Serious Scroller

Postby Fonefixer » July 30th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Hmm. I wonder whether you do have a hardware issue.

Have you tried clearing the cache and reset to default before flashing as well as after?
Dave

Fonefixer
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Postby klink » July 30th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Hi m8y ? hardware issue. i can install Storage Options miScroll GB ROM
ClockworkMod Recovery 4, CyanogenMod 7, fastboot image then all runs but only thing is wifi/camera dont work but everything else does,i also can install Storage Options Scroll 7" Capacitive GB ROM
ClockworkMod Recovery 4, CyanogenMod 7, fastboot image but touch screen wont work lol , if i had hardware issue would that not install and work ? thats whats been bafflin me for days able to run those updates and install , but i dont have a miscroll/scroll 7 capacitive, also i dont know which firmware i have either v1.02 or 1.02s or even 1.01 havent a clue >> scroll i have is 7 Resistive and it doesnt know what it is haha Latest News:: installed miScroll GB ROM
ClockworkMod Recovery 4, CyanogenMod 7= all workin apart from wifi/camera next came Scroll 7" Capacitive GB ROM
ClockworkMod Recovery 4, CyanogenMod 7= all workin apart from touch screen non responsive currently updatin with Scroll 7" 4K
ClockworkMod Recovery 4, CyanogenMod 7= hangs@ SO logo left it for 20 mins then Scroll 7" 8K
ClockworkMod Recovery 4, CyanogenMod 7=Rebooted SO logo apears 10 seconds later shuts itself down ? so if anyone can figure above results out much appreciated
klink
Serious Scroller
Serious Scroller

Postby suggsy89 » July 30th, 2011, 10:29 pm

you can flash clockwork mod recovery and do a backup then use that backup to restore the other one, make sure you use the correct recovery though :lol:
suggsy89
Trusted Developer
Trusted Developer

Scroll Version: Scroll Excel - Jellybean 4.1.2
Yarvik Go Zetta - Scroll Extreme Jellybean 4.1.1

Postby klink » July 30th, 2011, 10:34 pm

ok heres my new scroll about device model=SCRO51624 FIRMWARE VERSION= v1.02 BASEBAND= v1.02 KERNEL= LINUX KERNEL 2.6.29 BUILD= ANDROID 2.1
klink
Serious Scroller
Serious Scroller

Postby klink » July 30th, 2011, 10:35 pm

so which recovery will i need??? clockwork i mean
klink
Serious Scroller
Serious Scroller

PreviousNext