Page 2 of 11

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 7:02 pm
by Mitre
hi you guys are doing some fantastic work here making ICS a great asset for the Excel
can someone confirm what the sd card fix actually does and how it affects other apps like titanium etc
does it pretend that the removable card is the internal sd so that every app you download from Play goes onto that giving you up to 32gb for apps and when you "move to sd" using apps to sd or settings it will move it from your "removable card" to your internal card now renamed extsd :shock: :?

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 7:09 pm
by blueeagle69
I haven't tried the card mod yet. But as far as I can make out it swaps the cards around. So the external becomes the internal afaik. So apps should see that card for default storage. I think. :-)

Sent from my Scroll Excel/Nexus S using Tapatalk.

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 7:15 pm
by Mitre
ok thanks just wondered if it had any ramifications after doing it apart from the obvious of removing the card

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 9:07 pm
by suggsy89
Mitre wrote:hi you guys are doing some fantastic work here making ICS a great asset for the Excel
can someone confirm what the sd card fix actually does and how it affects other apps like titanium etc
does it pretend that the removable card is the internal sd so that every app you download from Play goes onto that giving you up to 32gb for apps and when you "move to sd" using apps to sd or settings it will move it from your "removable card" to your internal card now renamed extsd :shock: :?



Thats how i did it..... not totaly ideal i know.

You could call it a "hack" maybe :?:

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 9:39 pm
by Mitre
thanks i was just trying to clarify so everyone knows what the hack is for.
so its not a have to but a personal choice?
for me i will keep as original and keep removable card for films music etc
cheers great work none the less

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2012, 11:19 pm
by suggsy89
Mitre wrote:thanks i was just trying to clarify so everyone knows what the hack is for.
so its not a have to but a personal choice?
for me i will keep as original and keep removable card for films music etc
cheers great work none the less


Yeah, its there if someone wants to try it, its easily reversable any way, just need to edit "vold.fstab" back to stock.

Code: Select all
# Mounts the first usable partition of the specified device
#/devices/platform/awsmc.3/mmc_host for sdio
dev_mount   sdcard   /mnt/extsd   auto   /devices/virtual/block/nandi
dev_mount   extsd   /mnt/sdcard   auto   /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host   /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount   usbhost1   /mnt/usbhost1   auto   /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1   /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0   /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2   /devices/platform/sw-ohci.1   /devices/platform/sw-ohci.2

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 5:52 pm
by blueeagle69
Hi Suggsy.
I seem to be having a problem with your Update1.
Whenever I flash this zip, I get the following every now and again. Especially when trying to sync the calendar manually, which has also stopped working.
This is the error that flashes up on the screen for a split second. (I think it's this)
The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly
I may just backup the build.prop and files in /system/etc/permissions, and go back to the original f/w and try again.

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 9:29 pm
by suggsy89
blueeagle69 wrote:Hi Suggsy.
I seem to be having a problem with your Update1.
Whenever I flash this zip, I get the following every now and again. Especially when trying to sync the calendar manually, which has also stopped working.
This is the error that flashes up on the screen for a split second. (I think it's this)
The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly
I may just backup the build.prop and files in /system/etc/permissions, and go back to the original f/w and try again.


Tested and confirmed you are right, im not sure what the problem is at the moment, will have to look into it more.

Thanks for the update.

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 29th, 2012, 10:28 pm
by blueeagle69
No problem matey.
I'm just glad I wasn't imagining it.
I made a backup of your extra permission files, and re-flashed, and copied the backed up xml's back.
So far so good.

Re: [ICS] Fix for Market, Camera, SdCard, Calender

PostPosted: March 30th, 2012, 9:36 am
by Mitre
as ICS is fairley generic compared to older versions would the latest GAPPS from CyanogenMod Github work