Very annoyed

Discuss everything relating to WI-FI and connecting to the Internet here.

Very annoyed

Postby rammy » April 6th, 2011, 1:43 am

Anyone else have or have had problems with the wifi on this device, not really looked much into it but when browsing or downloading, its like the browser cant find the page, downloads stop from market, and the alternative market ;),but the wifi connection on the device still says connected.

Before you ask i have done the obvious, wifi sleep policy, all the secuity modes on my superhub, i.e wep, wpa,wpa2, disabled, blah blah.

and yes this happens even with stock image without mods.
Who Dare's Wins

7" scroll Excel 4GB
ICS 4.0.3
rammy
Scroll Sergeant
Scroll Sergeant

Re: Very annoyed

Postby zippedy555 » April 6th, 2011, 11:39 am

hiya m8, i found if my wifi dropped the only way to get it to work properly again is to restartd my tablet and that generally fixes it. and also check your settings for your wifi router (probably not needed but sometimes helps)
clockwork-mod,update.zip,root,latest firmw 102.
zippedy555
Junior Scroller
Junior Scroller

Postby Detection » April 7th, 2011, 2:39 am

Static IP ?
Detection
Scroll Genuis
Scroll Genuis

Postby RichardP » April 7th, 2011, 7:11 am

Same problem here... Wifi drops dead after a few sleep/wake cycles and the only help is a restart.

Richard
Scroll v2 (SCR051624) - Another MAPLIN device destined for the scrapheap
Firmware 1.02s
z4Root
LauncherPro
RichardP
Scroll Apprentice
Scroll Apprentice

Postby Saxon » April 7th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Experienced the same loss of data flow (can't open web page" etc) on occasions, I found that switching the wi-fi off then on again re-established the connection, no need to re-boot the scroll in my case.

Colin
Firmware: v.1.02s - Kernel: 2.6.29 - Build: Android 2.1
Saxon
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby rammy » April 8th, 2011, 12:11 am

Have done quite a bit of android development, so i have already done the tried and tested basics thanks anyway.
Who Dare's Wins

7" scroll Excel 4GB
ICS 4.0.3
rammy
Scroll Sergeant
Scroll Sergeant

Postby RichardP » April 8th, 2011, 7:24 am

Something strange is afoot :D My Scroll reported no Wifi signal but the internet still worked fine! (Tablet and AP were about 1 meter apart)
Scroll v2 (SCR051624) - Another MAPLIN device destined for the scrapheap
Firmware 1.02s
z4Root
LauncherPro
RichardP
Scroll Apprentice
Scroll Apprentice

Postby Stefan » September 16th, 2011, 9:49 am

Glad I'm not the only one, thought I was being a dork. I have had my scroll (Scroll 2(SCR05951) running Android 2.3.3 and had it sitting on top of the router and I get messages saying that there is no connection.... when I use the utility to check what's up it shows my wifi address and says I'm connected. Like everyone else on this topic the only thing that seems to work is to turn it off and on again.

As a cheap kindle/iPod/picture viewer this tablet is good value, as a glitchy sometimes wifi enabled tablet it would have to be the worst bit of kit I've ever bought- for the moment, sure I'll get stung again. Shame there isn't an ethernet port! Though that might be missing the point?

Anyway I'll keep checking the topic to see if anyone figures out a solution other than buying an iPad.

Stefan
Stefan
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby roffesoft » October 26th, 2011, 3:11 pm

Same issue here, Happening across 3 sites with different routers and WiFi Setup.
Browsing just stops, WiFi Appears to still be connected with good signal, Like previous poster one of the tablets is sitting on the same table as the WiFi router.

This is Not a sleep issue and is a Bug across all the Scroll Tablets we have. We have both Android 2.3 and 2.1 versions all with the same issue. :( Appears to happen after the tablet has been on for a while, could be h/w,

overheating issue??
roffesoft
New Scroller
New Scroller

Postby ShayneThill » October 31st, 2013, 6:59 am

Have you checked that if there is something wrong with your rooter? If no, you maybe caught by a 433 mhz jammer.
Last edited by ShayneThill on November 4th, 2013, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShayneThill
New Scroller
New Scroller

Next

Return to WI-FI